We are confident that all of our new caravans, motorhomes and campervans are engineered using the latest manufacturing techniques and advanced materials technology ensuring that, when buying one of our products, you are buying the very best. We extend this philosophy to our Customers by offering long term peace of mind and reassurance through our extensive warranty cover.
Your warranty cover commences on the day your new caravan, motorhome or campervan is purchased and comprises two key elements:
- Three Year Manufacturer's Warranty (2 year Manufacturer's cover for Fiat based vehicles)
- Ten Year Water Ingress and Body Integrity Warranty
Warranty Cover Scope
This applies to all new Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer products manufactured from 2012 Model year onwards:
Three Year Manufacturer's Warranty
(2 year Manufacturer's cover for Fiat based vehicles)
Year 1 Warranty - Covers all original components, including permanently fitted equipment forming part of the original product specification.
Year 2 and 3 Warranty - Covers all original components, including permanently fitted equipment forming part of the original product specification, with the exception of the following items:
- Windows and glass
- Deterioration of exterior paint work
- Soft furnishings, carpets and floor coverings
- Entertainment equipment
- Fluorescent tubes, bulbs, LEDs and fuses
- Plastic and GRP exterior panels
- Plastic products including A-frame covers, wheel spats and shower trays
- Minor adjustment of blinds, hinges, catches, stays and doors
Ten Year Water Ingress and Body Integrity Warranty
Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer products are covered against water ingress damage for 10 years from the original date of purchase of a new product. This applies to water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints.
In order to comply with the terms of the above cover the following conditions must be met:
Reporting a fault
In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your caravan, motorhome or campervan please contact your Retailer.
It is with the Retailer that your contract of sale exists and consequently they have the responsibility to ensure any complaints and warranty issues are addressed. Any other approved Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer Retailer or Service Centre may carry out work at their convenience or discretion, but are not obliged to do so.
All Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer products are classed as portable and therefore all work under warranty requires the caravan or motorhome to be delivered and collected from the selling Retailer.
Conditions attached to the warranty cover
- You must retain the original sale invoice for the caravan, motorhome or campervan.
- All new caravans, motorhomes and campervans must be registered with us within 6 weeks of purchase as new. Your Retailer can forward this information to us. Please keep us informed of any name or address changes by using the Notification of Change to Name and Address form.
- The caravan, motorhome and campervan must have an annual service and damp check carried out by an Approved Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer Retailer or Service Centre. Original VAT invoices and damp reports must be retained as proof that the annual services have been carried out in accordance with our warranty terms.
- In years 1, 2, and 4 through to 9 the service must be completed no more than 60 days either side of the anniversary of the date of purchase.
- In Years 3 and 10 the service must be completed no more than 60 days before the anniversary of the date of purchase.
- No service interval should exceed 14 months. Failure to service the vehicle within the specified time limits will invalidate the warranty.
- Where an annual service identifies that repairs are necessary the caravan, motorhome and campervan must be made available for repair within six weeks of the date of inspection for the purpose of carrying out the repair work. We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle before work commences.
- Work may only be undertaken by an Approved Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer Retailer or Service Centre and only after approval by us(depending upon individual circumstances).
- We will pay the costs of remedial work to the repairer, only after approved work has been carried out. The cost of transporting, towing or moving the caravan by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
- The Policy is not retrospective and is applicable to 2012 Model year caravans and motorhomes onwards.
- No liability will be accepted for any consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising which were not reasonably foreseeable by both parties when the caravan was originally purchased.
- No liability will be accepted for damage caused by fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence or abnormal working conditions.
- No alteration may be made to the original construction.
- In the case of a dispute, The Caravan and Motorhome Club will agree with Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd the appointment of an independent arbitrator. Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd will pay for the costs of arbitration, subject to the owner paying a £250 deposit.
- If the arbitrator finds in favour of the customer, then the deposit will be returned. If the arbitrator finds in favour of Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd, the customer will lose their deposit.
- Where the arbitrator awards a sum of money less than an offer made by Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd, which has already been rejected by the customer, then their deposit is forfeited.
- In all cases the arbitrator's decision is final and both parties must agree to abide by the decision.
Warranty cover is not given for caravans and motorhomes if they have been used under any of the following circumstances:
- Used for hire
- Used as a permanent residence
- Incorrect use of tow vehicle* (See advice and exclusions, as below)
- Used for racing or time trials
- Damage resulting from freezing, accident or fire damage
* Towing vehicles (Advice and exclusions)
- Your new caravan is designed to be towed by a normal motor car.
- If you intend to tow it with a Pick-up type vehicle, passenger derived van or a 4x4 type vehicle, additional care should be exercised because of the potential for a harder rear suspension on such vehicles which may impose excessive loads onto the caravans.
- You may also have to adjust your driving style over rough terrain and particular attention should be given to the height of the tow ball in relation to the caravan coupling.
Ref: (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) UNECE R55 states that the centre of the towball should be between 350mm and 420mm above the ground level
- Your new caravan should not be towed by a commercial vehicle with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 3500kgs
- When selecting a towing vehicle, it is recommended that you consult the Caravan Towing Guide which is available from the NCC.
It is recommended that you have your mains electrics system inspected by a NICEIC approved contractor every 3 years.
Should you require any replacement parts caravan or motorhome please contact your preferred Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer Approved Retailer or Service Centre. Please provide as much information as possible to assist with the identification of the part.
- Model and make of caravan, motorhome or campervan
- VIN number
- Description of required part
- Photograph, diagram or size of part required
If for any reason your new caravan or motorhome is damaged or requires remedial work it is important that only an Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer Approved Retailer or Service Centre undertakes such work to avoid invalidating your warranty.
Transfer of ownership
If you purchase this vehicle as a used vehicle it may be possible to transfer the unexpired term of the warranty cover (up to a maximum of six years commencing at the original date of purchase from new). The warranty cover for a used vehicle commences from the original date of purchase from new and is as follows:
- Three Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- A maximum of Six Years' Water Ingress and Body Integrity Warranty
The warranty is subject to the usual terms and conditions set out in the handbook and is only transferable on payment of a £50 administration fee. Full documentary evidence that the caravan or motorhome has been serviced annually should be provided at the time of transfer, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty stated in the handbook. Transfer of ownership must be completed within three months of change of legal ownership. Please complete the Notification of Change of Ownership form in your handbook.
- This warranty does not affect the purchaser's statutory rights. The warranty shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.