Position: Production Team Leader - GJOS-BU7H3Z
Number of Positions: 2
Main Purpose of the Job: To get the best from the team by giving clear direction and supporting them to achieve objectives, targets and standards, and success in all key result areas. Improve processes through the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
Planning and Control
- Achieve production targets and schedules:
- Decide on overtime to achieve production targets cost effectively.
- Rotate operators to achieve best results for the business
- Material supply and stock control
- Ensure all sections your control have the correct material for the job
- Ensure all customers are supplied to meet QCD targets
- Effectively control all known shortages within your section
- Effectively control stock of raw material and finished goods relating to your section
- Achieve high standards of product
- Introduce and use Standard Operating Procedures in your area
- Audit the use of SOP’s
- Effectively use Quality Control Plans
- Audit the use of QCP’S
- Maintain the visual display board and KPI’s in your section
- Control and change all drawings to specification
- Carry out 1st off checks on product and report deviation from standard
- Monitor both internal and external customer concerns feedback into your section
- Work with R&D to improve the product and assembly
- Use problem solving techniques to find the root cause and eliminate customer concerns Recording and examining key data with the team.
- Reporting on cause of deviation (what's gone wrong). Indicating and/or taking corrective actions.
- Provide support to all team members in line with the business strategy.
- Develop the work group into a committed high performing team:
- Motivate the team.
- Appraise and develop team members.
- Promote team spirit and flexibility within and across teams.
- Provide direction and support to the team:
- Convey objectives, targets and standards.
- Co-ordinate members to make the best use of labour, materials and equipment. Work within and provide cover for the team, when required.
- Promote and maintain an effective communication throughout all areas
- Hold regular team briefings in your area
- Feedback business issues to operatives (targets, absenteeism, quality, health & safety)
- Develop and promote close working relationships with other areas.
- Introduce clear procedures for inter-departmental working.
- Liaise with other team leaders to ensure that decisions also take into account the overall company strategy. Input into regular team leader meetings
- Present feedback when requested to all levels of the business
- Health and Safety
- Working in conjunction with the health and safety officer, introduce safe working practices in your area
- Support the introduction of any Health and Safety change with your area
- Carry out and review risk assessments for your area to meet company targets
- Reporting near miss incidents/accidents
- Police the wearing of PPE (disciplining repeat offenders)
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement in all staff for whom responsible.
- Continuous development of your team and selecting the correct improvement tool/course.
- Take part in continuous improvement teams and support other teams when requested
- Producing and maintaining skill matrix for your area with the assistance of your line manager
- Working in conjunction with HR, develop and promote best practice in respect of recruitment, dealing with absenteeism and discipline etc.
- Facilitate continuous improvement team meetings with your team (at least monthly) Utilise innovation of the team to improve processes, workflow, productivity, etc. Promote, encourage and monitor 5s in your section
- Monitor and control absence in your section
- Completing absence paperwork
- Carry out return to work interviews
Any other reasonable duties
- BIT Level III
- Certificate in Operations management desirable
Skills & Experiences:
- Production processes
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Introduction and management of change
- Health and safety process requirements in production
- Budget management
- Supervisory experience
- Development of teams
- Recruiting and disciplinary
- Presentation skills
- Confident Leadership
- Team player
- Good communication skill
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Personal Drive
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs Hours 08:00 to 17:00
Fri Hours 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfull the requirements of the role
Rate: Dependent Upon Skills and Experience
How to Apply:
Please forward an up to date copy of your CV or Internal application form to email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th December 2020