Position : Process Manager - GJOS-BMEGWF
Number Of Positions : 1
Main Purpose Of The Job :
To improve processes and work flow within their area, and contribute to improvements across the design, manufacturing and supply processes, to meet and exceed customer expectations for quality, delivery and costs.
- Planning and Control
- Oversee the supply of materials, components and other resources to your team(s).
- Ensure that shortages are minimised and productivity optimised.
- To establish labour manpower figures to accord with production targets and agreed budgets.
- Propose and agree indirect and direct manning levels to the General Manager.
- Maintain control of the manpower budget in your area with specific reference to overhead/ overtime costs.
- Set direct labour prices for your area in line with the current labour hourly rate.
- Develop and use quantifiable performance indicators for your part of the process to drive improvements in quality, cost and delivery.
- Monthly reporting on trends and critical actions
- Achievement of production targets within agreed budget and to agreed standards.
- Teams to receive achievable production targets
- Monitoring actual targets against planned, reporting deviation from plans to the General Manger
- Establish procedures that support the production of high quality products
- Introduction and auditing of Standard Operating procedures
- Use of Quality Control Plans
- Use of Avante system data to eliminate concerns
- Provide input to the strategic direction of the production area you are responsible for, in terms of growth, performance etc.
- Make valued contributions to improving and sustaining effective processes and workflow from design to supplying customers.
- Input into meetings and cross functional teams
- Manage and effectively run teams to improve all business processes
- Provide support to all team leaders and technical staff reporting directly to you.
- Assess and review the progress of team leaders/technical
- All team leaders and technical staff reporting directly to you, to be given measurable objectives and necessary resources to achieve them.
- Promote and maintain an effective communication throughout production
- Regular review /objective setting meetings held with all team leaders and technical staff.
- Encouragement of clear communication policy throughout the business.
- Develop and promote close working relationships with other areas of the business.
- Liaise with other managers to ensure that production decisions also take into account the overall company strategy. Implement, establish and maintain effective communication systems within your section and with other sections/departments.
Health and Safety
- Working in conjunction with the Health and Safety Officer, ensure Risk Assessment targets are met for your area Plan the assessments and review annually
- Review after an accident or near miss
- Support the introduction of any Health and Safety change with the business
- Keep informed of all Health & Safety legislation that affect your area and put in place action plans to reduce the risk to the business and its employees
- Carry out accident investigations in a timely manner
- Collate information including witness statements, photographs etc.
- Review risk assessments, taking appropriate actions
- Promote a culture of good Health & Safety standards across the whole business
- Always comply with PPE requirements
- Leading from the front in Health & Safety compliance
- Ensure all team members follow health and safety systems of work.
- Record non compliance by any staff member and report
- Take disciplinary action when required
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement in all staff for whom responsible.
- Staff to be self-motivated towards achieving set targets/objectives.
- Installing 5s as a way of life in your area
- Working to Standard Operations
- Continuous development of production processes and selecting the correct improvement tools.
- Producing and maintaining skill matrix for team leaders/technical reporting to you
- Support team leaders to develop committed, motivated and high performing team(s).
- Oversee the recruitment, management and training/development of employees in their section (including appraisals, and discipline where necessary)
- Monitor and control absence; overtime costs and manpower resources.
- Supporting and mentoring apprentice’s in your area
- Regular college visits to assess progress
- Input into career planning
- Suggest relevant courses
Any other reasonable duties
- Engineering Apprenticeship
- BIT Level III
- Manufacturing diploma / degree desirable
- Or qualified by experience at the appropriate level
Skills & Experiences :
- Production processes
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Introduction and management of change
- Health and safety legislation and process required in production
- Employment law
- Budget management
- Capital expenditure project management
Personal Attributes :
- Team player
- Excellent communication skill
- Organisational skills Interpersonal skills
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs Hours : 08:00 to 17:00
Fri 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate : Dependent upon skills and experience
How To Apply : Please forward an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 21st August 2020