Erwin Hymer Group UK is a leading manufacturer of Caravans, Campervans and Motorhomes. There have been major investments made to secure the future of the Consett site and the success of the company is based upon a policy to provide customers with a quality product.
We are one of the largest employers in the area and our thriving manufacturing plant is at the heart of our company and is growing in both size and success.
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Accounts team.
The successful candidate will assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for the Company. This will extend to the year-end process, involving assisting the financial reporting team, preparing notes for the statutory accounts and providing supporting information to the external audit team.
Additionally, there will be significant opportunity to become involved in other ad hoc financial control and taxation work.
You will be a driven individual with excellent attention to detail and analytics.
Job Title: Management Accountant
Purpose of Role:
This is a commercial accounting role regarding product cost development, manufacturing performance and profitability. A key finance role to manage, report and evaluate product costs, related inventory accounting and associated manufacturing performance.
- Prepare, update and review product cost development
- Commercial Analysis of selling prices and profitability
- Financial Analysis of factory performance including operating variances, efficiency, scrap and wastes
- Work with the FC and FD to maintain day to day accounting and control activities
- Controlling chassis costing
- Price variance review of actual invoiced V standard costs
- Burden Item analysis
- Labour analysis
- Daily quote V standard cost
- Investigation of stock variances
- Working with Logistics on inventory control
- Monthly finished goods count and reconciliation.
- Financially close work orders and checking production costs are correct
- Monthly inventory reconciliation report
- Work in progress calculation and analysis
- Maintain and support Sarbanes Oxley Controls and audits
- ERP testing and change reviews
- ONS reporting
- Create standard operations to facilitate staff development
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Person Specification - Management Accountant
- CIMA/ ACCA/ AAT level 4
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience within accounts department
- Good knowledge of generally accepted costs and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Desirable - Knowledge of Avante system
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate records
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- IT Literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build up collaborative working relationships (external and internal)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks
- Flexible, reliable and adaptable
- Commitment to equal opportunities
Don’t miss out on a great opportunity!
If you are interested please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries about the role please contact HR on 01207 699 362.