JOB TITLE: Lead Design Engineer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Product Design & Development Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Design Engineering Team
Purpose of Role:
To lead and motivate a team to deliver solutions and designs for the next generation of leisure vehicle products, participating in the complete project development lifecycle. To drive new product designs from concept through to production within demanding timescales achieving performance and reliability targets.
- Understand customer needs, translating those into innovative engineering solutions.
- Work closely within multi-disciplinary teams to ensure customer requirements are achieved and projects are delivered on time, in the most cost-effective way and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop test plans for new and existing product to ensure the product meets customer needs.
- Design reviews for new product designs.
- Developing design concepts which comply with legislative requirements.
- Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying cost reduction, product improvement and warranty reduction opportunities within the business.
- To disseminate project outputs using appropriate tools such as project reports, presentations and other suitable methods.
- Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to continuous change, in consultation with the postholder.
Please note, this job description gives a statement of the general purpose of the job and provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved. This does not constitute a contract of employment.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or similar).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and development of new, fast moving, consumer
Proven ability to lead, including resource balancing, mentoring team members and scheduling requirements.
Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects.
Highly proficient use and administration of 3D CAD packages including proven experience with complex geometry modelling
Experienced in the development of test plans
Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials as they relate to design and manufacturing.
Experience of Autodesk Inventor and Vault PDM Software
Ability to create and implement process changes for continuous improvement
Industrial experience & knowledge of lightweight, thermoformed components and materials
Proven experience with processes relating to DfMA (Design for Manufacture Assembly)
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Strong organisational skills
Ability to build collaborative working relationships.
Structured problem solving capabilities.
Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative.
Lateral thinking with the ability to provide realistic and innovative design solutions
Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks.
Flexible, reliable and adaptable.
Excellent attention to detail.
Lead by example with an excellent engineering discipline
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs Hours : 08:00 to 17:00
Fri 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate : Up to £45,000 dependant on experience
How To Apply : Please forward an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date : 14th December 2021