JOB TITLE: Lead Materials Planner
RESPONSIBLE TO: Material Management Team Leader
REPORTING FOR: None Direct
Purpose of Role:
Materials management responsibility for ordering, scheduling and inbound logistics of base vehicles used in the build of motorised leisure vehicles.
Understand the existing processes in place, define and implement actions to improve the overall process in terms of accuracy and efficiency.
- Input,control and issue of material purchase orders to meet planned production requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles are ordered to the correct specification by utilising robust audit processes.
- Ensure vehicle deliveries are scheduled and expedited to meet planned production
- Coordination of vehicle inspection issues and claim processing to ensure parts arrive to complete repairs.
- Ensure vehicle serial numbers are allocated to the correct build plan in line with sales and accounting requirements.
- Support monthly vehicle cycle counts and inventory management.
- Management of inventory between minimum and maximum levels
- Manage and be accountable for supplier performance, relationship management and development.
- Review, understand and improve work processes to drive a step change in results.
- Management of supply base issues including liaising with and issue escalation to Material Management Team Leader.
- Ensure purchasing compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams with other EHG departments as needed
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to continuous change, in consultation with the postholder.
Please note, this job description gives a statement of the general purpose of the job and provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved. This does not constitute a contract of employment.
Minimum of 5 GCSE's to include Maths and English
CIPS Level 4
Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Materials management/purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment (Automotive preferable)
Experience of continuous improvement tools and techniques
Process change orientated
Ability to create and implement process changes for continuous improvement
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Structured problem-solving capabilities
Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initative
Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks
Flexible, reliable and adaptable
Excellent attention to detail
Normal Working Hours:
Mon,Tues,Wed & Thurs - 08:00 to 17:00
Fri - 08:00 - 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Up to £27,000 dependant on experience
How to apply: Please forward a cover letter and up to date CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th January 2022