Position: Lead Materials Planner - CPEK-C3UEDC
Number of Positions: 1
Main Purpose of the Job:
Materials management responsibility for ordering, scheduling and inbound logistics of Base vehicles used in the build of motorised leisure vehicles.
Understand the existing processes in place, define and implement actions to improve the overall process in terms of accuracy and efficiency.
- Input,control and issue of material
- Purchase orders to meet planned production requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles are ordered to the correct specification by utilising robust audit proceses.
- Ensure vehicle deliveres are scheduled and expedited to meet planned production requirements.
- Coordination of vehicle inspection issues and claim processing to ensure parts arrive to complete repairs.
- Ensure vehicle serial numbers are allocated to the correct build plan in line with sales and accounting requirements.
- Support monthly vehicle cycle counts and inventory management.
- Management on inventory between minimum and maximum levels.
- Manage and be accountable for supplier performance, relationship management and development.
- Review, understand and improve work processes to drive a step change in results.
- Managment of supply base issues, including liasing with and issue escalation to Material Management Team Leader.
- Ensure purchasing compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams with other EHG Departments as needed
- Any other reasonable duties as directed
CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
Skills & Experiences:
- Materials Management/Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment (Automotive preferable)
- Experience of continious improvement tools and techniques.
- Process change orientated
- Problem solving
- ERP/MRP proficient
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills(both verbal and written)
- Well organised
- Personal drive
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Willing to undertake any necessary training and development.
- Have the ability to cope and work in a fast paced high pressure environment
Normal Working Hours:
Mon,Tues,Wed & Thurs - 08:00 to 17:00
Fri - 08:00 - 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Up to £28,000 dependent on experience
How to apply: Please forward a cover letter and up to date CV to recruitment@erwinhymergroup .co.uk
Closing Date: 30th November 2021