Position: IT Technician/ Administrator - DNET-BXNED3
Number of Positions: 1
Main Purpose of Job: Working as part of our IT team, assisting and supporting the business IT requirements, providing day to day maintenance of our IT systems and services.
The ideal candidate will be joining a small IT team, comprising an IT manager , IT Systems Admin and an IT Technician.
- To provide support for relevant equipment, hardware, software & related information systems.
- To assist with the installation and implementation of equipment, hardware, software and related information systems.
- In Liaison with the IT Manager to ensure that upgrades or implementation to equipment, hardware, software, related information systems and services are performed effectively and within agreed timescales.
- Organise resources and ensure support activities and projects are kept on schedule.
- To assist in the maintenance of correct procedures ensuring that all equipment, hardware, software, related information systems are properly controlled and registered.
- To assist in the provision, maintenance and undertaking of contingency plans and backup procedures.
- To deal with PC problems (Desktop PC's, Laptops & Printers) and resolve mainstream software issues.
- To support user maintenance such as active directory, telephone systems, people moves etc.
- To provide support for production based systems for CNC's, Alphacam etc.
- To create security/ profile configurations.
- Liaising with all areas of the business assisting and providing advice and support to all users.
- To undertake any necessary training, development or research to ensure technical expertise remains current.
- Participation in 5S, supporting continuous improvement
- All other reasonable duties as required
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in a computing discipline
- Good G.C.S.E's (or level 2) in Maths and English
Skills & Experiences:
- Significant experience providing support within a networked environment Experience of Windows 2016, 2012, 7 and 10.
- Knowledge of VM Ware
- Knowledge of Switches
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- Flexible approach to ensure business IT demands are successfully met
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive to changing processes and environment
- Adaptable, team player who can work on own initiative
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs 08:30 to 17:15
Friday 08:30 to 12:30
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Dependent Upon Skills and Experience
Closing Date: 5th March 2021