Position: Homologation (Vehicle Approval) Engineer - BJEY-BYTFDP
Number of Positions: 1
Main Purpose of the Job: Ensure all products comply with the relevant technical and safety standards and to obtain European Whole Vehicle type approval for those products.
- Ensure that all products sold to the market comply with the relevant technical European and British Standards and legal requirements.
- Updating and maintaining numerous European Whole Vehicle Type approvals.
- Carrying out monthly product audits to ensure continued product compliance.
- Ensure that wherever possible the Company adheres to technical best practice and to relevant industry codes of practice and protocols.
- Assist in the process to ensure the company purchases components that are fully certified to the relevant European regulations and British/European standards.
- Ensures all equipment is installed in accordance with the supplier's installation instructions.
- Represent the company on industry technical matters in discussions with trade bodies and other organisations including the National Caravan Council (NCC)
- Maintain a good working relationship with technical authorities, approvals bodies and base vehicle suppliers including Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA), National Caravan Council (NCC), European Approval Authorities and chassis OEM manufacturers.
- Assist the Customer Care team with technical queries as required.
- Maintain technical specifications for new product development.
- Creation of complete technical specifications for all products.
- Oversee the production and printing of vehicle user handbooks.
- Undertaking necessary testing to prove compliance to regulations and standards ie: Cold Chamber testing
- Any other reasonable duties
- Involvement in 5S & Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Adhere to H&S Policy
- Adhere to Company Handbook
- Adhere to Quality Policy
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to IT Policy
- Involvement in training requests
- Educated to Degree level in a technical discipline
- Full UK driving licence
Skills & Experiences:
- Experience of working and complying with technical industry standards.
- Experience of authoring technical documentation.
- Ability to achieve aggressive timescales
- Excellent attention to detail Ability to
- work independently.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Not afraid of, and open to, change
- Act with Integrity
- Lead by example
- Look after our Customers
- Communicate effectively - we talk to each other not about each other
- Process driven
- Promote a positive business image
- Not wasteful of Company Resources
- Support the Community and Environment
Normal Working Hours
Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs 08:00 to 17:00
Fri 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Dependent upon Skills and Experience
How to Apply: Please forward an up to date copy of your CV or Internal application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th April 2021