Position : Electrical 3D CAD Designer - BJEY-BS9FGA
Number Of Positions : 1
Main Purpose Of The Job : Support the development team in driving forward the electrical services in 3D format. Implementation of new electrical product and system designs from concept through to production within demanding timescales. Achieving performance and reliability targets and support the development of strategic Product Roads working within a team, creating innovative solutions for new product.
- Assist in the development of Electrical system designs for a range of products using 2D & 3D techniques.
- Assist with new design concepts and ensure compliance with BS7671 requirements for Electrical/ Electronic installation.
- Work closely with the electrical department to develop and implement new electrical document control processes. Attend Design reviews on new product designs.
- Assist with the development of test plans for new and existing product to ensure the product meets customer needs Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying cost reduction, product improvement and warranty reduction opportunities within the Business
- Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- Involvement in 5S & Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Adhere to H&S Policy
- Adhere to Company Handbook
- Adhere to Quality Policy
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to IT Policy
- Involvement in training requests
- Level 2 equivalent in English & Maths, A minimum of HNC qualified in electrical/electronic engineering or related subject is desirable
- An understanding of latest electrical regulations (BS 7671) would be beneficial but not essential.
Skills & Experiences :
- Willing to complete electrical trainee certification as required
- Prior experience using 3D Autodesk Inventor software or similar product is desirable
- Experience of working within an engineering environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Structured Problem Solving capabilities
- Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; computer literate
Personal Attributes :
- Ability to work to timescales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Not afraid of, and open to, change
- Act with Integrity
- Lead by example
- Look after our Customers
- Communicate effectively - we talk to each other not about each other
- Process driven
- Promote a positive business image
- Not wasteful of Company Resources
- Support the Community and Environment
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs Hours : 08:00 to 17:00
Fri 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate : Dependent upon skills and experience
How To Apply : Please forward an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date : 2nd October 2020