Position: Design Development Engineer - BJEY-BXDBX7
Number of Positions: 1
Main Purpose of the Job: To identify and implement opportunities for new supply partners, innovative materials, and process improvements within the production of leisure vehicles. Working closing with the procurement team to qualify new possible savings available from current and new suppliers.
- Support new product introduction not normally associated with the leisure vehicle industry.
- Develop test plans for new and existing products / materials to ensure product introduction reduces a business risk to a minimum.
- Work closely with the procurement department to manage supplier obsolescence, supplier changes and support supplier delivery issues by identifying and implementing multiple source supply.
- Support the business with internal logistical changes. Closely working with procurement and production to identify the most efficient way to purchase and deliver parts into the business.
- Adopt ownership of the “Design Change Request” process to ensure changes are introduced into the business in a timely, and structured way whilst fully conforming to legislative requirements.
- Work within a global and European group structure to understand how group developments can benefit EHG UK.
- Support the aftermarket department to identify and minimise warranty issues.
- Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.Involvement in 5S & Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Adhere to H&S Policy
- Adhere to Company Handbook
- Adhere to Quality Policy
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to IT Policy
- Involvement in training requests
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or similar).
- Proven experience in the design and development of consumer-based products is essential.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Level 1 equivalent in English & Maths
Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and development of fast moving, consumer products.
- Experience of planning, conducting and executing appropriate tests for materials and new products (examples to be provided upon application).
- Strong technical report writing experience essential (examples to be provided upon application).
- Highly proficient use and administration of 3D CAD packages, ideally Autodesk Inventor and Vault
- Lateral thinking with the ability to provide realistic and innovative design solutions.
- Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials as they relate to design and manufacturing Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; computer literate
- Ability to achieve aggressive timescales
- Lead by example with an excellent engineering discipline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Not afraid of, and open to, change
- Act with Integrity
- Lead by example
- Look after our Customers
- Communicate effectively - we talk to each other not about each other
- Process driven
- Promote a positive business image
- Not wasteful of Company Resources
- Support the Community and Environment
Normal Working Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs - 08:00 to 17:00
Fri - 08:00 to 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Dependent upon Skills and Experience
How to Apply: Please forward an up to date copy of your CV or Internal application form to email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st May 2021