JOB TITLE: Cashier and Payroll Clerk
RESPONSIBLE TO: Financial Controller
REPORTING TO: Financial Controller
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Accurate preparation and generation of weekly payroll.
Reconciliation of bank statement, maintenance of the cash-book and cash forecast.
Associated financial accounting and support to the rest of the accounts team.
- Ensure wage procedures and practices are maintained.
- Liaison with HR and Line Managers to ensure correct wages at a detailed level.
- Calculate weekly payroll accurately and on time.
- Responsibilities for all aspects of payroll including internal and external reporting.
- Associated accounting and support to the Financial Controller
- Daily bank reconciliations for all accounts including petty cash
- Collate and reconcile weekly cash book forecast and cash flow figures
- Any other reasonable duties including accounting support to the Financial Controller and the rest of the Finance Team.
The role will give good overall exposure to all aspects of the Finance function within a small team. It can give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their skills and qualifications within the finance function.
All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
All employees have a responsibility of care for their own and others health and safety.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to continuous change, in consultation with the postholder.
Please note, this job description gives a statement of the general purpose of the job and provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved. This does not constitute a contract of employment.
Accounts and/or payroll qualification AAT, BTEC or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience within an accounts department
- Previous payroll experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Avante system
- Knowledge of time and attendance systems
- Knowledge of Sage payroll
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate records
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- IT Literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build up collaborative working relationships (external and internal)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks
- Flexible, reliable and adaptable
Normal Working Hours:
Mon,Tues,Wed & Thurs - 08:30 to 17:00
Fri - 08:30 - 12:30
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
How to apply: Please forward a cover letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13th February 2022