Position: Cashier and Payroll Clerk - EZAI-BYCT8S
Number of Positions: 1
Main purpose of the job: Accurate preparation and generation of weekly payroll. Reconciliation of bank statement to account balances. Collate weekly cash forecast information. Cash handling, daily banking and payment allocations.
- Ensure wage procedures and practices are maintained.
- Liaise with HR to ensure correct wages rates, holidays and payment for absences/ paternity leave etc
- Calculate weekly payroll accurately and on time.
- Calculate holiday accrual
- Post nominal link to general ledger
- Process payroll deductions for attachment of earnings and court orders and ensure payments are paid to recipients on time.
- Reply to all internal and external wages queries
- Generate all payroll reports
- Submit RTI and review tax codes
- Communicate internally and externally
- Daily bank reconciliations for all accounts including petty cash
- Collate and reconcile weekly cash book forecast and cash flow figures
- Banking of sundry and cash received.
- Account payment allocations
- Internet banking – UK and EU
- Deposit account allocations
- Transfer of foreign funds between accounts
- Cash Float allocations
- Month end reconciliation
- Cover for sales ledger and vehicle financing when required
- Cover within purchase ledger
- 5s participation a in continuous improvement
- Any Other reasonable Duties
- Accounts and/or payroll qualification AAT, BTEC or equivalent.
- Good G.C.S.E or equivalent in Maths and English.
Skills and Experiences:
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Avante system desirable
- Previous experience within accounts department
Excellent attention to accuracy
- Good communication skills – written and oral
- Good Organisation skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team
- Responsive to changing processes and environment
Normal Working Hours:
Mon,Tues,Wed, Thurs Hours 08:30 to 17:15
Fri Hours: 08:30 to 12:30
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Rate: Dependent upon skills and experience
How to apply: Please forward an up to date copy of your CV or Internal Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th April 2021