Erwin Hymer Group UK are a leading manufacturer of Caravans, Campervans and Motorhomes. There have been major investments made to secure the future of the Consett site and the success of the company is based upon a policy to provide customers with a quality product.
We are one of the largest employers in the area and have many exciting opportunities available. Whether you are currently out of work, or are seeking a new career path, the opportunities at Erwin Hymer Group could be perfect for you. Our thriving manufacturing plant is at the heart of our company and is growing in both size and success.
We are looking for warehouse operators to join our busy warehouse team. The warehouse team are responsible for ensuring the right parts get delivered to the right place at the right time.
The logistics function is the heartbeat of the operation, ensuring that all materials flow through the facility to allow us to keep moving.
As a valued team member, you will be required to operate in a fast paced environment whilst ensuring health & safety, quality and inventory accuracy standards are maintained.
Whether its off-loading deliveries, picking items for the production lines, delivering parts to production or order fulfilment for aftersales, you will play a pivotal role in logistics here at EHG UK.
Previous experience is preferred, but not necessary. For the right candidate we offer training opportunities on multiple warehouse disciplines (counterbalance fork lift truck/reach truck/sideloader/tugger trucks etc).
Candidates must be able to work shifts as required.
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Department: Warehouse and Logistics
Purpose of Role:
Support the warehouse and logistics team to achieve objectives, targets and standards in all key result areas
- Adherence to all site safety rules.
- Execute specific work processes within area of work.
- Manual handling of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Manual and Fork Lift Truck unloading of delivery vehicles.
- Inspection of incoming materials for quantity and damages.
- Maintenance of all stock records and transactional processing.
- Completion of all picking requirements within required timescale.
- Completion of all kitting/batching plans within required timescales.
- Completion of cycle count requirements to ensure stock integrity.
- Participate in any relevant vocational training requirements.
- Delivery of materials to internal customers.
- Adherence to area work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping within your allocated work area and completion of 5S checklists.
- Highlight any issues to your immediate supervisor if specific work processes cannot be carried out or completed.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed or required.
- Level 1 in Maths and English or equivalent
- Desirable - Forklift truck license
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of IT software including Microsoft Office
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of working in a warehouse/stores environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Process driven
- Adaptable and responsive to change
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative but also in a team
What you’ll receive
You’ll receive a competitive wage and great benefits including:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension with matched contributions (up to 5%)
- Occupational Health
- Free on-site parking
- Long service awards
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Training opportunities
- Early finish Fridays
What’s more, you will get the pride that comes from seeing our final product leave the factory. As successful as we have been previously, we have so much more to offer. That’s where you come in, join us today!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity!
If you are interested in working in the Stores team, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries about the role please contact HR on 01207 699 362.