Erwin Hymer Group UK is a leading manufacturer of Caravans, Campervans and Motorhomes. There have been major investments made to secure the future of the Consett site and the success of the company is based upon a policy to provide customers with a high quality product.
We are one of the largest employers in the area and our thriving manufacturing plant is at the heart of our company and is growing in both size and success.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our R&D team.
- Looking for a varied role?
- Wanting to use your creativity every day?
- Interested in thriving in a busy team?
This could be the perfect role for you!
Our R&D team are responsible for developing new and innovative products to meet the needs of the leisure vehicle market, as well as using their abilities to improve existing products.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for creating designs for new electrical products and modifications to existing products.
The role is extremely varied. One day you will be working within a team to create new innovative electrical products, the next you will be working on designing harness and control systems for our range of leisure vehicles, the next you could be meeting with supply partners to discuss new products.
It will be your responsibility to deliver accurate and innovative solutions to electrical design problems, ensuring deadlines are met.
We are looking for a confident individual with the ability to work under high pressure, whilst ensuring the highest quality of work, someone who can demonstrate strong organisation and communication skills and someone with excellent attention to detail.
Experience in a similar position is essential.
Purpose of Role
To implement new electrical product and system designs from concept through to production within demanding timescales. Designing harness and control systems for a range of leisure vehicle products. Lead electrical strategic design and engineering control whilst supporting the development of strategic Product Roads working within a team and creating innovative solutions for new products.
- Develop new and maintain existing electrical system designs for a range of leisure vehicle products using primarily 3D CAD techniques with some 2D CAD elements.
- Create new design concepts and ensure compliance with BS7671 requirements for Electrical/ Electronic installation.
- Work closely with the production facility to develop and implement new electrical document control processes.
- Attend design reviews for new product design providing direction and clarity for electrical design.
- Design, implement and analyse test plans for new and existing product to ensure the product meets customer needs and meets any legislative requirements.
- Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying cost reduction, product improvement and warranty reduction opportunities within the Business.
- Maintain key relationships with key supply partners ensuring a product and process to suit the business strategy
- Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent knowledge/experience) in Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- Desirable - An understanding of latest electrical regulation (BS 7671)
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working within an engineering environment, ideally with consumer products
- Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects.
- Use and administration of 3D CAD packages
- Experienced in creating and executing relevant test plans.
- Ability to interpret, adhere to and advise relevant industry standards.
- Desirable - Prior experience using 3D Autodesk Inventor, Cable and Harness software or similar product highly desirable
- Desirable - Experience of Autodesk Inventor and Vault PDM Software
- Desirable - Ability to create and implement process changes for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Structured problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative.
- Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Flexible, reliable and adaptable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Has the role sparked your interest?
Has the role sparked your interest? Send our HR Team an email with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the role please call HR on 01207 699 000