Erwin Hymer Group UK is a leading manufacturer of Caravans, Campervans and Motorhomes. There have been major investments made to secure the future of the Consett site and the success of the company is based upon a policy to provide customers with a high quality product.
We are one of the largest employers in the area and our thriving manufacturing plant is at the heart of our company and is growing in both size and success.
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our R&D team.
- Enjoy creating product designs?
- Want to use your creativity every day?
- Love working in a busy thriving team?
This could be the perfect role for you!
Our R&D team are responsible for developing new and innovative products to meet the needs of the leisure vehicle market, as well as using their abilities to improve existing products.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for creating designs for new products and modifications to existing products.
The role is extremely varied. One day you will be creating product designs, the next you will be participating in design reviews and then you could be undertaking detailed analysis of components and products and trying to improve them.
It will be your responsibility to deliver accurate and innovative solutions to design problems, ensuring deadlines are met.
We are looking for a confident individual with the ability to work under high pressure, whilst ensuring the highest quality of work, someone who can demonstrate strong organisation and communication skills and someone with excellent attention to detail.
Experience in a similar position is essential.
Purpose of Role
Support the development of strategic Product Roads working within a team creating 3D designs and 2D detailed drawings for new product within demanding timescales achieving timing and quality targets.
- Creating new product designs in 3D and detailed 2D drawings.
- Maintaining existing designs and supporting change requests from the production facility
- Work closely within multi-disciplined teams to ensure customer requirements are achieved and projects are delivered on time and to the required quality level
- Participating in design reviews on new product designs
- Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying product improvement whilst maintaining any cost weight targets
- Further education (FE) Engineering / Design or similar qualification
- Desirable - Educated to degree level (or equivalent knowledge/experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in the use of a 3D CAD package
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials as they relate to design and manufacturing
- Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects
- Desirable - Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor highly desirable
- Desirable - Experience using Vault PDM Software
- Desirable - Development and execution of test plans
- Desirable - 2D CAD package
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Structured problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative.
- Lateral thinking with the ability to provide realistic and innovative design solutions
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Good organisational and communication skills
Interested in the role?
To apply for the role, please send in a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information about the role please call HR on 01207 699 000