Materials Management Team Leader
Closing Date: 18/11/2019
Materials Management Team Leader
Main Purpose of the job
To lead and support the purchasing function to achieve all objectives, targets and standards in all key result areas,
whilst maintaining and improving the management of our supply chain. Offer support to the Purchasing and Logistics
Responsible for the direction setting of the Procurement coordinators
To manage, maintain and build stronger relationships between EHG and our supply chain, ensuring that the business
achieves best possible incoming material delivery performance.
Conduct service reviews which will incorporate quality cost and delivery
Business objectives, targets and standards in key result areas, keep up to date on trends and usage, to assist in buying
decisions, minimising stock outs and or obsolescence.
Work on projects with other functions and the supply chain to improve; component quality, reduce purchase costs,
eliminate process wastes, reduce carriage costs, etc.
Work with all internal stakeholders to ensure internal performance targets to customers are achieved.
A) Manage, Maintain and build strong relationships within the supply chain.
1) Set, and review, targets & standards for suppliers, for QCD.
2) Support and work with Procurement and Materials Management Team
3) Identify capability gaps within the team and create plans to close.
4) Ensure expected supplier performance levels are met resulting in minimisation of any production disruptio5
5) Work within and provide cover for the purchasing team, during any periods of absence.
B) Achieve all targets, standards & schedules.
1) Record and examine key performance data with the materials management team and EHG suppliers.
2) Manage the monthly updating and maintenance of supplier scorecards, review performance and devise
improvement action plans.
3) Set up Supplier Continuous improvement programme reviews where appropriate and create action plans following a
PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) process
3) Ensure all objectives etc are achieved efficiently and cost effectively.
C) Implement, establish & maintain effective two way communication systems with all other departments and
D) Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives within supply chain, i.e. Stock reduction, RTP improvements etc.
1) Continually seek updates from any such team activities
2) Appraise, motivate and develop all team activities
3) Reduce expendable component packaging and encourage/increase the use of RTP (Returnable Transit
E) Ensure supplier quotation prices are proactively sought, approved, and maintained to facilitate accurate product
costs being achieved at all times.
F) Ensure all conditions of employment and or organisational policies etc are adhered or met at all times.
G) Continually review and strive towards further improvements.
1) Solve problems within the supply chain and with other internal functions at EHG
H) Contribute to improvements across all other areas and processes within the business
1) Work with adjacent managers and team leaders to meet each other’s requirements.
2) Make valued contributions to and within any meetings or teams.
I) Promote health and safety and a clean working environment, in accordance with the organisations H&S Policy.
1) Maintain and improve health, safety and operational standards.
2) Ensure we meet with any H&S legislative requirements relating to purchasing and supply.
3) Report and act upon any near misses or any other health and safety incidents
4) Participate in any 5S activities relating to your area and or suppliers.
J) Answering general enquires
K) General office administration
L) Any other reasonable duties as directed
M) Hold a clean driving licence and passport and prepared to travel
CIPS Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (Desirable)
Knowledge and Experience:
Purchasing and Materials Managemment within a manufacturing discipline
Continuous improvement tools and techniques
Health & Safety legislation
Process change orientated
Attention to detail
Good communication skills (bother verbal and written)
Computer literate with Excpetional Excel skills
Good organisational skills
Ability to prioritise own work load and that of others
Willing to undertake any necessary training and developmen
Have the ability to cope and work in fast paced high pressure environment
Normal Hours of work:
Days : Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs Hours : 08:00 to 17:00
Fri 08:00 13:00
The post holder would be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
Please forward an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
18 Nov 2019