At Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd, we remain committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will only ever send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com.
Who We Are
Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd is the UK division of Erwin Hymer Group. Leading leisure vehicle brands Elddis, Compass, Xplore and Buccaneer are built at our Factory in Consett, County Durham.
We are also responsible for the Sales and Marketing of all Erwin Hymer Group leisure vehicle brands in the UK. This also includes: Burstner, Carado, Dethleffs, Eriba, Etrusco, Hymer, LMC, Laika, Niesmann+Bischoff and Sunlight
The registered office of Erwin Hymer Group UK Ltd is Explorer House, Delves Lane, Consett, County Durham DH8 7PE.
Company registration number: 02433663
We are responsible for any personal information that we receive about you, such as:
- through our website and Social Media – should you request information, suggest feedback, ask for a brochure, register to attend our Factory Open Days etc.
- when you contact our Customer Care team or make an enquiry or other request
- when you register to receive communication, enter competitions, register for offers
IMPORTANT: Please note that when purchasing your vehicle from an authorised retailer or sales agent your contract is with them. As such, they should have their own privacy policies that set out how they use your information. If you have any queries relating to their use of your data you will need to contact them directly to request how they process and use this information.
If you would like access to, or a copy of the personal information we hold about you; to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it; or to make a complaint, please contact us at: Explorer House, Delves Lane, Consett, County Durham DH8 7PE or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Use Your Information
In order to provide the level of service to you that you would expect, we may need use your information for a variety of legitimate purposes, including:
- providing or managing any information, products or services which you have requested
- processing orders that you have submitted
- notifying you of changes to our products
- to help us identify you when you contact us
- responding to enquiries
- dealing with entries into a competition
- for general administration purposes
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
Our policy is NOT to share your data with Third Parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will take steps to make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Legal Grounds For Processing Your Personal Information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- where you have consented to the use you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time sending an email to (email@example.com), clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, or by writing to us at: Explorer House, Delves Lane, Consett, County Durham DH8 7PE
- where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting Erwin Hymer Group businesses and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of vehicle related products and services, detecting fraud and criminal activities)
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party
- for the purposes of vital interests e.g. safety recalls
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the grounds and communicate it to you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Use Of 'Cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences but please be aware that turning off cookies may result in a loss of functionality when using our websites.
Links to Other Websites
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (e.g. your email address) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Review of This Policy
Our Policy will be reviewed regularly in accordance with Government guidelines and in order to protect you.
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.